Saratoga Springs Weapons Charges Lawyer
Experienced Defense for Clients Facing Weapons Charges in New York
Weapons charges can range from misdemeanors to felonies and carry with them serious consequences. If convicted, you could be facing jail time, probation, fines, and other penalties. Weapons charges are taken very seriously by prosecutors, law enforcement, and the court system. Weapons charges can also hurt your reputation, making it difficult to find employment or housing.
At the Law Office of Scott Iseman, our experienced attorney has handled thousands of cases and understands the complexities of New York weapons laws. We know how to navigate the legal system and can help you obtain the best possible outcome for your case.
Are you facing a weapons charge in New York? Call the Law Office of Scott Iseman today at (518) 886-3368 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our weapons charges attorney in Saratoga Springs!
Common Types of Weapons Charges
There are many different types of weapons charges that can be brought against you. Each one depends on the kind of weapon, where it was located, and if it was used during the commission of a crime.
Some of the most common weapons charges include:
- Unlawful possession of a weapon
- Unlawful possession of a weapon in a vehicle
- Unlawful possession of a weapon on school grounds
- Unlawful possession of a weapon with a felony record
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Carrying a weapon on school grounds
- Carrying a loaded weapon
- Carrying a concealed weapon on school grounds
- Carrying a weapon in the presence of a felon
- Receiving a weapon through the mail
- Receiving a weapon through illegal channels
- Carrying a weapon while intoxicated
- Carrying a weapon while under indictment
- Carrying a weapon while in the commission of a crime
Depending on the type of weapon and circumstances, these charges can be misdemeanors or felonies. For example, unlawfully possessing a weapon is a misdemeanor, while unlawfully possessing a weapon with a felony record is a felony.
Common Types of Weapons
Many different types of weapons can result in charges. Some of the most common include:
- Firearms - handguns, rifles, shotguns, and assault weapons
- Knives - switchblades, gravity knives, daggers, stilettos, and other knives
- Other weapons - brass knuckles, clubs, blackjacks, nunchucks, and other weapons
The type of weapon you are charged with possessing will determine the charges you face and the penalties you could meet.
Our firm has handled thousands of cases and understands the nuances of New York weapons laws. We know how to navigate the legal system and can help you obtain the best possible outcome for your case.
What are the Penalties for Weapons Charges in New York?
The penalties for weapons charges in New York depend on the specific offense and the circumstances of the case.
Some of the possible penalties for weapons charges include:
- Misdemeanor - up to one year in jail and/or up to $1,000 in fines
- Class E Felony - up to 4 years in prison and/or up to a $5,000 fine
- Class D Felony - up to 7 years in prison and/or up to a $7,000 fine
- Class C Felony - up to 15 years in prison and/or up to a $15,000 fine
The consequences of a weapons charge conviction can be life-altering. You could lose your freedom, your job, and your reputation. Our firm is prepared to fight for your rights and ensure your side of the story is heard. We will work to reduce or dismiss your charges and ensure you do not face the maximum penalties.
Contact Our Saratoga Springs Weapons Charges Attorney Today
Contact the Law Office of Scott Iseman if you are facing weapons charges. Our firm offers free case evaluations and can help you understand your rights and options. We know how stressful and overwhelming it can be to face weapons charges. We can help you get your life back on track.
Contact the Law Office of Scott Iseman today to schedule a consultation with our weapons charges lawyer in Saratoga Springs!