Saratoga Springs Fraud Lawyer
Skilled Criminal Defense Attorney Serving Clients in Saratoga County
Fraud is a serious criminal offense in New York, carrying serious penalties upon conviction. At the Law Office of Scott Iseman, we have years of experience successfully defending clients against a wide range of criminal charges. If you have been accused of fraud, you need to retain a Saratoga Springs fraud lawyer as soon as possible.
What Is Fraud?
Fraud is a general term used to describe any number of white-collar crimes that involve intentional deception for financial gain. Fraud can be charged as either a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the nature of the crime and the amount of money involved. Fraud can be charged in a number of different ways, depending on the specific elements of the crime. The most common ways that fraud is charged in New York are:
- Larceny by False Pretenses: This involves obtaining money, property, or services from another party through means of false representation.
- Larceny by Trick: This involves obtaining money, property, or services from another party through false representation or fraudulent devices.
- Larceny by Embezzlement: This involves the unlawful taking of money, property, or services that have been entrusted to you by another party.
Penalties for Fraud Convictions
Depending on the specific nature of the crime and the amount of money involved, fraud can be charged as either a misdemeanor or a felony. Misdemeanor fraud convictions carry up to one year in jail and fines. Felony fraud convictions carry up to four years in prison and even larger fines depending upon the circumstances.
In addition to jail time and fines, fraud convictions can also carry a number of other penalties, including:
- Loss of professional license
- Loss of eligibility for government benefits
- Loss of eligibility for student loans
- Loss of eligibility for housing assistance
- Loss of eligibility for food stamps
If you are facing fraud charges, you must retain an attorney as soon as possible. The sooner you retain a lawyer, the sooner you can begin working toward a favorable outcome. Contact the Law Office of Scott Iseman today to schedule a free case evaluation.
Fraud & White-Collar Crime Defense
The Law Office of Scott Iseman has handled a wide range of white-collar crimes. We have handled cases involving federal crimes, as well as cases involving financial crimes.
Other white-collar crime cases our firm can handle:
- Identity Theft
- Insurance Fraud
- Healthcare Fraud
- Mortgage Fraud
- Foreclosure Fraud
- Securities Fraud
- Ponzi Schemes
Contact Our Firm for Skilled Representation
The sooner you retain a Saratoga Springs fraud lawyer, the sooner we can begin building a strong defense on your behalf. We have the experience you need to protect your rights, reputation and livelihood.